Fedora Core 4 Test Update: NetworkManager-0.5.1-1.FC4.1

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 15:14:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 19:17 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Do we? I reported this fault when a NetworkManager package in
> updates-testing started asking me for a password, and that package still
> went into FC4 updates-released -- and it's still not fixed in rawhide
> either.
>
> If we all agree, shall we make bug #174467 a FC5Blocker then?

No, I don't really agree.  The correct solution to this is going to take
quite a bit of engineering, coming right on the heels of WPA support
which itself is a major code churn and breaks some wireless drivers
because they don't work with wpa_supplicant.  Do you want to push FC5
out another month or two just for NetworkManager and a use-case that's
of dubious _immediate_ importance?

Yes, we need to have system-wide configuration, nobody disagrees.  We
all just disagree on how immediate the need is.

Dan