pup and pirut exiting behavior?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jan 14 06:14:45 UTC 2006

I was testing out pup which a correction was made to accomidate security
content. My curiousity is regarding how these programs are supposed to
finish up the updates and the duties the programs are designed to
handle. both programs finish with no indication that they completed
successfully. They do not show an aftermath of rpm errors. The queries
on databases shows the package is intact, installed and with no missing
components.
Is the disappearing of these programs normal or a bug? I expected a
finished prompt for pup and led back to group selection GUI with a
copleted status.
Both programs seem to be designed nicely other than the noted surprise
for the program exits. Pirut also allowed installation of groups and
fixed missing groups where something might have become incompete due to
rawhide nature. I personally am impressed with this program.

Jim

--
We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity -- so UP yours, Microsoft!