rawhide report: 20060114 changes

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Sat Jan 14 18:01:25 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 12:48 +0100, Lars G wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 03:36 -0500, Build System wrote:
>

> > evolution-2.5.4-6
> > -----------------
> does it really need NetworkManager deps?

The dependency is only a build-time one, and I set it up with a macro in
the specfile so it's easily removeable; the built packages only have a
dbus dependency, using this to query for and talk to the nm daemon.

NM integration makes evolution a lot smarter when using a laptop:
Evolution now has the sense to go offline automatically when you lose
your internet connection (and not annoyingly autocheck email and tell
you every 10 minutes that it can find your server etc) - provided the
NetworkManager service is running when you start evo.

Hope this helps