ReiserFS 3.6

Tom tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 15 17:06:48 UTC 2006

   I'm currently, an have been for years, a Mandriva cooker user.
Previously I used RH 5.x.  I'm wantin to switch to Fedora Core test,
as it seems to approximate cooker. Hopefully test2 will be available
tomorrow, an I intend to d/l an install it. I've been lurkin on
-test an -devel for about a month in anticipation of doing this. I
need a question answered beforehand tho. I've sought advice
elsewhere, but no concrete answers.

    For some time I've used ext3 for /boot (50mb), but R_FS for all
my other 280gb's. /, /home, /stor1,2,3,4.  /stor4 is a 180gb sata
drive, the others are p-ata/133 ide drives.  I surely can reformat
/boot, /, an /home to ext3, but I'd like to keep my R_FS /stor
partitions intact. Otherwise it's gonna be one helluv'a lot of
jugglin around ;)  So....

    Can Fedora install, r/w to existing R_FS partitions?

    I imagine I'll just havt'a sort out yum an what repos (mirrors,
sources) to use for myself for (daily?) updates, but any advance
heads up would also be much appreciated. TIA,