FC5t2 - leaches gone wild!

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Jan 16 23:16:49 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-16-01 at 15:54 -0600, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Trying to get the FC5t2 DVD via bittorrent, and my download rate is
> varying between 5 and 20 KB/s.  Meanwhile my upload rate is around 44
> KB/s, which is probably all my cable modem service can handle.
>
> This sucks!

Mine was downloading at ~300 kB/s and uploading around ~450 kB/s
since 14:00 MST, I noticed that I hadn't throttled it until
about 5 minutes ago, I have since throttled it to 70 kB/s up
and 70 kB/s down. My download will be done in 10 min, but the
uploads will continue until 100% has been uploaded. It's nice being
a Network administrator on a multi-homed 100 Mb/s fibre connected
network. ;^) If we had a flat rate for usage I would leave it on
for longer, but we pay per GB and incrementally on the 95 percentile
of throughput.