Open source Flash 7 (mostly) player

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:19:18 UTC 2006

2006/1/15, n0dalus <n0dalus+redhat at gmail.com>:

> On 1/16/06, Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at apestaart.org> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, except that in the case of Flash stripping it of mp3 means
> > stripping it of all audio.  So not a very useful end result.
> >

> Oh. I didn't realise Flash only stored mp3 format audio.
>
> A no-audio flash plugin would still be great for many sites though, so
> it's better than nothing. And livna could deal with the *-mp3
> packages, and that would still be much easier than having to download
> macromedia's buggy flash plugin.
>
> I get a 2 second delay for all of the audio when using Macromedia's
> plugin anyway, and maybe no sound is better than late sound.
>
> n0dalus.
>
> --

Well without audio it would be half functional. in my eyes what flash
delivers is 2 things... "video" and audio and both are required for the
overall experience. so while without audio still alot of the "flash menu"
stuff is working most flash cartoons dont really since theres no audio. Isnt
flash cartoons the no 1 reason to install flash? i am not sure... but i
personally dont come across much sites with flash navigation (experiences of
other users might differ).

i am just curious if it makes sense to patch audio out completly. maybe
suggesting upstream to have audio as a plugin would allow to split it
properly into extras and livna. just my personal opinion.

regards,
rudolf kastl