FC5t2 - leaches gone wild!

Brown, Len len.brown at intel.com
Tue Jan 17 21:00:37 UTC 2006

>Almost 24 hours later, and my download rate is still approximately half
>of my upload rate (~20 KB/s vs. ~40 KB/s).

I downloaded the i386 CDs and DVD plus the x86_64 CDs and DVD last night
and I'm now seeding all four.

I use 6mb down/768kb up Comcast service
where I see about 200-550KB/s down and 80KB/s up at the client.

I'm using azureus as the bt client.

One thing I've noticed is that if I set my upload speed to unlimited
then it has a significant negative impact on my download speed.
So you might experiment with the client's upload limit to make sure that
you don't run into your ISP's limits for your service, for it may be
that under those conditions the ISP is dropping some of your packets
and this is making the protocol run inefficiently.

cheers,
-Len