Pirut and Pup review - not working well enough yet

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Jan 18 23:13:12 UTC 2006

Per Rhaul's suggestion I went to use Pirut and Pup to apply rawhide
updates to the FC5t2 installation.

I discovered that Pup is ok as an updater, limited in functionality as
it only updates things that are installed, not an integrated solution.

The real problem was attempting to use Pirut to *remove* some of the
things I didn't want on the system.  It doesn't yet implement removing
anything!  Until it gets a little more functionality implemented, I'll
prefer kyum as an integrated solution.

--Wolfe
--
G.Wolfe Woodbury     `- -'