New schedule for FC5 Test2 ISO roll-out?

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:23:11 UTC 2006

On 1/19/06, Steve Lindemann <steve at marmot.org> wrote:
> Peter Jones wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 10:02 -0500, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> >

> >>Sometimes, rarely, I miss the Red Hat Ultrasparc versions -- but those
> >>were the good ol' days, huh?  I even dug out my old copy of SuSE 7 for
> >>the PPC and Ultrasparc cd/book set and wondered if Red Hat was
> >>planning on such a Book & CD release again?  Maybe one day, when
> >>things settle down.
> >

> > No, no, and no.  We're not doing sparc releases of Red Hat products.
> > There is some work on Fedora for sparc though --
> > http://www.auroralinux.org/ .  It tends to be a bit behind, because,
> > well, there aren't that many developers with time and interest.
> >

> I read somewhere that FC5 was going to support sparc.  I've been waiting
> with fingers and toes crossed.  Am I waiting in vain?

You are waiting in vain, and whoever told you that should be severely
talked to :). Your best bet is to move away from crossed fingers and
helping the aurora linux people. Without them getting more people to
develop. there is probably no Sparc Fedora.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator