Fedora release day

D Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Thu Jan 19 19:59:33 UTC 2006

David Timms wrote:
> With the time offset round to the slow side of the planet, it might
> make sense to publish the release day as Tuesday (eastern? US time
> midnite), but open the servers on Monday as previously. Then the rest
> of the world who are 6-9-16(au)-18(nz) hours ahead would find the
> release ready for download on the specified roadmap day, rather than
> one-day later (which is Tuesday anyway), and thinking...
> OK, looks like something major went wrong and the release has slipped
> again, and continually trying refresh to get a non-existent file...
> just an idea.    DaveT.

I could be way off base here, but fedora is a project published by a US
organization (speaking of the fedora foundation, not red hat).  Aren't
most folks in Europe used to the fact that if *anything* is happening in
the US on a given day, its going to be late evening at best in their
time zone?  Seems like a non-issue to me.

DC