FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 04:41:56 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

>On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 09:59 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>Why not ship the Extras CD's now in FC5 and modify pirut to install
>>packages from the CD/DVD's as necessary?
>>

>Why not indeed.  Time to get pirut into that shape?  Decent ideas of
>groupings of Extras packages?

Wasn't someone already working on this.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/ExtrasCompsXml

>When they can be used DURING the install, thats when I think it'll be
>key to ship them.

Just able to handle them well post installation too is very much
acceptable for fresh installations. If we get pirut into shape and
figure out how to do a well defined extras repository release with yum
groups we are done.

--
Rahul