FC5T2 - not ready for prime time.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 17:11:09 UTC 2006

On 1/20/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> So while the bug(s) may seem obvious to you, unless your exact hardware
> is sitting in my cube it isn't going to seem very obvious to me.  I am a
> bit hurt at the implication that we don't even bother to test our
> release before we send it out the door.  We do, and in fact we're
> actively seeking to hire somebody to lead our Fedora QA efforts.

If only there was a way a sane way to track hardware coverage being
actively tested in-house and then later on in the public test2 phase.
A little more transparency as to the variety of hardware thats
participating in the testing phases might headoff some of the more
knee-jerk complaints. But there really isn't a sane way to track all
the hardware variations even if we got system data back from testers
in an automated fashion.. organizing it or mining it would be a pain.

-jef