FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

goemon at anime.net goemon at anime.net
Sun Jan 22 23:48:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> goemon at anime.net wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Though I am not a developer I already presented what I believe to be
>>> compelling arguments against it. Remember again that every feature has a
>>> associated cost.
>> is the cost of an 'everything' button really so unreasonably high?
> Yes it is.
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-January/msg01138.html

not convincing at all...

this is a list of your rationales for removing it based on your
assumptions of burden on end users, not a rationale that it is
unreasonably high cost in code

>> Some of us dislike clicking jillions of buttons on every install. This
>> seems a step backwards for FC.
> Use kickstart

i cant believe someone would say an 'everything' button is unreasonably
high cost, then with a straight face say 'use kickstart'... :P

so far it seems like almost everyone wants it back and you're the only one
arguing for its removal. perhaps this should tell you something

-Dan