FC5T2 Install doesn't recognize ABNT2 keyboards

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 16:04:45 UTC 2006

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 21:17 -0200, Marco Aurélio Torino Ribeiro wrote:
> > I tried to install FC5T2 today and the installation, although had the
> > option, did not recognize my ABNT2 keyboard (brazilian portuguese).
> > I didn't have this problem when installing FC5T1.
>
> How is it "not recognized" -- is it that the keymap isn't activated or
> something else?  Also, can you file this in bugzilla so it's not lost.

There are several other instances of keymap problems for anaconda in
FC5t2.  It gets set correctly on the target system, but the US keymap
stays loaded for the installation.  So people typing during installation
are typing on the US keymap and then it changes when the system first
boots.

--
David Cantrell
Red Hat / Westford, MA