Shutdown in Gnome not shutting down

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Fri Jan 27 18:13:58 UTC 2006

If I click the menu entry Shutdown, then if I click either "reboot" or
"shutdown" I get a new gdm login screen.  The only way I see to reboot
now is CLI reboot.

This is an x86 system kept up-to-date since FC3 final using rawhide, so
I would say it is FC5T2 + rawhide.

On a similar system with FC5T2, clean install, updated daily from
rawhide, the shutdown gui works as expected.

Any ideas?

Anyone else seeing this?  I tried to find a bz on it, but may have
missed it, since not sure what component is involved.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)