FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Claude Jones cjones at patriot.net
Sat Jan 28 17:24:17 UTC 2006

On Saturday 28 January 2006 12:21 am, Horst von Brand wrote:
> Yet again: The code to do this is probably quite simple. The problem is the
> fallout in form of non-working systems with weird sympthoms, security
> problems caused by forgotten servers installed, performance problems due to
> unnecesary stuff running (or at least on disk), longer update times (and
> higher load on mirrors). The (missing) feature you see, it's fallout you
> don't.

And once again I say (because no one has chosen to refute this suggestion),
make the option available, but hide it. When those who want the option reveal
it, accompany the option with a BOLD disclaimer, that it is NOT advised.
Again I ask, why is this proposal unsatisfactory to the "Remove" faction?
Especially if the code is simple, as contended above? As regards "fallout",
I've been subscribed, and participate to the extent my knowledge permits, on
the Fedora list for 20 months, now. I don't see the fallout, I don't see
large numbers of posts by people who's problem is unwanted services
running... There are some, but, perhaps fallout is a bit strong. In any
event, hiding the option, and putting a big disclaimer next to it, would sure
reduce fallout, it that's the big concern.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA