yum not showing any updates

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sat Jul 8 16:51:13 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 08:41 -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
> I just returned to my FC6T1 system after many days of ignoring it.  When
> I do a yum update, I get:
>
> [root at fc6t1 ~]# yum update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

Returned to your system as in booted up to it, or as in it's been on but
you haven't played with it?

If it has been booted up to and just not been played with, maybe the
yum.cron service is on and it's been updating at night on it's own?

If it's the other way around, you using a mirror when trying to do this?
Might need to do a yum clean all and retry it for some reason.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"