rawhide report: 20060714 changes

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Jul 16 13:07:22 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 23:20 -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:28:30 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
>
> > *shrug* mkinitrd changes ?  Does downgrading to yesterdays mkinitrd package
> > make it work again?
>
> I did.  But by that time 2396 was gone and 2401 installs just fine with
> mkinitrd-5.0.46-1.  2396 also installs via rpm command with the rolled
> back mkinitrd.

Don't know if you or anyone else saw this, but I just happned to check
and see that there were two versions of mkinitrd installed onto my
system.  This may or may not have happened because of the install with
the kernel and me ctrl + x'ing it, or something with mkinitrd.  But I
will find out when I do the next update, to include the newer kernel, to
see if it installs OK this time.

[mike at scrappy ~]$ rpm -q mkinitrd
mkinitrd-5.0.46-1.1
mkinitrd-5.0.47-1

And after removing the newer one, I did another update to try and get it
back to normal..

[root at scrappy ~]# rpm -q mkinitrd
mkinitrd-5.0.47-1

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"