rawhide report: 20060714 changes

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 17 11:53:56 UTC 2006

On 16 8:54:S, Jim Cornette wrote:

> Also, there appears to be a problem with the newer kernels
> reporting the right process ID numbers with these later kernels.
> Maybe this problem is causing nash to consume all the cpu time
> when updating the kernels. In any case, holding off on the kernel
> updates is probably best until the kernel problem is pinpointed
> and time allows for the corrections to be made. About updating
> the kernel, I do not do large updates any longer if there is a
> new kernel. I wait for the other programs to be applied and then
> go through a smaller update for the kernel. Once bitten twice
> shy.
>
> Jim

  Yes, that's what I've decided for updates with a new kernel, do
the kernel separately, and I have for the last two.  Just now I
checked for updates an there were 17, no kernel. 'yum update' was
successful, except for....

  Updating  : indent             ####################### [13/34]
install-info: /usr/share/info/indent.info.gz: empty file
error: %post(indent-2.2.9-13.fc6.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status
1   .... and there was no 'Cleanup' statement for  indent

  Then running the script to chk for dups.....

 # yumdups
Duplicates were found:
indent-2.2.9-12.3.1
indent-2.2.9-13.fc6
--
    Tom Brinkman                   Corpus Christi, Texas