Suspend options disappeared

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 06:16:20 UTC 2006

Configuration of permission to suspend/hibernate is now to be handled
by "PolicyKit" which is accessed by hal-based programs.  In the
change-over to PolicyKit, permissions default to root-only suspend.
Hence one must liberalize the PolicyKit permissions first, and then
put suspend/hibernate back into menus.  The development version of
g-p-m does show suspend and hibernate.  But suspend does not appear in
themain system menu, AFAIK.

pj