Problems with FC6T1

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Sat Jul 29 17:58:08 UTC 2006

dragoran wrote:
> David D. Hagood wrote:
>>
>> 2) Trying to run an update is NEEDLESSLY PAINFUL - can we either a)
>> make YUM deal with conflicts in a more intelligent fashion that
>> "Conflict-DIE!",
> when does it die? before the transaction starts or after starting the
> update?
By "DIE" I mean "Let's take several minutes downloading headers,
resolving dependencies, downloading more headers, etc. and then decide
that since there are conflicts due to some subset of the packages, throw
all that work away rather than simply removing the offending packages
from the transaction set until we have a consistent transaction set and
doing the install of whatever will work."