Text is missing

Jim Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Thu Jun 1 17:34:58 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sander Hoentjen" <tjikkun at xs4all.nl>
To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases"
<fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:21 AM
Subject: Re: Text is missing

> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 06:54 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>> Sander Hoentjen wrote:

>> > 2 things:
>> > 1) using the nv driver fixes the text problem. Jim, do you also use the
>> > nvidia driver?
>>
>> No, I use a radeon video card on this laptop.
>>
>> I read in the later posting that the binary driver from Nvidia is busted
>> right now.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Sorry, I meant the other Jim (Bevier). Blame your parents for giving you
> a common name :)

Yes, I use the nvidia driver. (GeForce FX5200)  I have dropped back to the
xorg nv driver.  The nvidia driver does not work with the 2230 kernel.  I am
using xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.1.0-2 and the nv driver with no text drop out.
The nvidia driver builds OK, but will not load.  I am running on an x86_64
box.

Jim (the first one, & oldest)