kde 3.5.3: well done!!

tony tony at tgds.net
Tue Jun 20 13:49:28 UTC 2006

Le mardi 20 juin 2006 à 15:29 +0200, Gianluca Cecchi a écrit :

> But why doesn't fedora switch to kde finally?
<snip>
> PS: my system is a dual athlon MP 2200+ (1800MHz) with 1GB of ram and
> 1 serial arta disk.

Because maybe KDE suck huge rocks through tiny straws on machines that
are less powerful than that? And on my Vaio C1XD running FC5, gnome
takes up much less of the 1024x480 pixel real estate than KDE. Having
tried both gnome is more Mac OS X like than KDE and my other machines
are Macs.

So there are three good reasons why not to.

Cheers

Tony