Another YUM problem on FC6T1

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Fri Jun 23 08:07:20 UTC 2006

On Thursday 22 June 2006 20:40, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 20:32 -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> >         Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
>
> Are you able to get to the internet now?  The config files default to
> pointing to the mirror list, if you can't reach the mirror list you'd
> get a similar error.

Got some of the problem figured out.  It's in the area of the $releasever
variable which is apparantely not being returned properly.

In the repo files, it I substitute the number "5" for $releasever, it works
just fine.  Where does yum (system) get the $releasever variable from?  Is it
being parsed properly?  I'm assuming "5" would be the correct value to use as
it would be the truncated result of "5.9" and there are no "6's" in the list.

When I attempt to do an echo of the $releasever, it returns nothing.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor
Linux user #263467