Another YUM problem on FC6T1

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Fri Jun 23 21:11:04 UTC 2006

On Friday 23 June 2006 05:30, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 01:07 -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> > In the repo files, it I substitute the number "5" for $releasever, it
> > works
> > just fine.  Where does yum (system) get the $releasever variable from?
> > Is it
> > being parsed properly?  I'm assuming "5" would be the correct value to
> > use as
> > it would be the truncated result of "5.9" and there are no "6's" in
> > the list.
>
> The Fedora Release package delivered with Test 1 only enabled
> development and extras-development which both point to a development/
> dir rather than a release versioned dir.  Did you make a change?
>
> > When I attempt to do an echo of the $releasever, it returns nothing.
>
> It is figured out by looking at rpm query output of the package that
> provides 'redhat-release'.  In fedora land, this is the fedora-release
> package.

Thanks, Jim & Jesse, for setting me on the correct path.  Yes, I had just
copied my old FC5 repos over the FC6 ones as I had added other repos.
Restoring them fixed the problem.

Damn, can't yell at anyone else for problems I make.  Grrrr

When might release notes for FC6 become available?

Thanks.
Tom

--
Tom Taylor