xsane finds scanner only as root

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 25 02:49:39 UTC 2006

It seems like every new test release reasserts scanner problems that
have been solved before.  My scanner works fine in FC5.

I have an Epson Perfection 4490 Photo scanner which is supported by the
epkowa iscan package, providing the epkowa.conf package that allows this
scanner to work with xsane.

After installing iscan-2.0.0-0.c2, both iscan and xsane work with my
scanner if I execute them as root.  However, if I try to execute them as
a normal user, the scanner is not found.

Does anyone know the correct fix for this problem, or should I open a
new bug report?

Thanks.

Gerry