xsane finds scanner only as root

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 25 23:27:31 UTC 2006

I agree this is permissions, but I ran into this same thing using saned to
set up a networked scanner.  I had to modify permissions accordingly.  Some
devices, for whatever reason, are by default readable/writable only by root.
I think that regardless of his configuration he will have to modify the
permissions on the device.

Jason