Works for me (was Re: RFE: yum)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jun 26 11:23:59 UTC 2006

Jason Dravet schrieb:

> I was wondering what support there is for the following idea:  having
> yum be able to remove the ntfs module for the kernel yum is removing.
> Right now I install the ntfs module from linux-ntfs.org for each kernel
> release.  When I do a yum update and a new kernel is avaialable and
> installed, an old kernel is also removed.  It would be nice if yum
> removed the old ntfs kernel module as well.  This saves me from having
> to clean up after it i.e. remove the old module package and rm -rf
> /lib/modules/old-kernel to get rid of the remaining directory
> structure.  If any one else likes this idea I will open a bugzilla RFE
> for it.

Simply use the ntfs-kmods from rpm.livna.org. Those packages follow the
Fedora kmod-packaging-standard and they are removed by yum together with
the old kernel when it is uninstalled.

CU
thl

/me hopes linux-ntfs.org can work together with rpm.livna.org in the
longer term to avoid doing the same work twice and wasting time that
way. Any people from linux-ntfs.org around? Can we work together somehow?