very clear-bright colors on the desktop

LarryT guess.who at freesurf.fr
Wed Jun 28 19:40:01 UTC 2006

Arnout Lok wrote:
> On 6/28/06, LarryT <guess.who at freesurf.fr> wrote:
>
>> Dections are good, but colors very clear and bright. On the same pc i
>> have fc5, and colors are good :-/
>>
>> Here is my xorg.conf :
>>
>> Section "Monitor"
>>
>>   ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
>>          Identifier   "Monitor0"
>>          VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
>>          ModelName    "Sony CPD-20SF2T5"
>>          DisplaySize  390        290
>>   ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
>>          HorizSync    30.0 - 85.0
>>          VertRefresh  48.0 - 150.0
>>          Option      "dpms"
>> EndSection
>>
>> Section "Device"
>>          Identifier  "Videocard0"
>>          Driver      "nv"
>>          VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
>>          BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP 8x]"
>> EndSection
>

> I had the same with the nv-driver. (even during the graphical
> installation) The gamma was set to 2.2. And it couldn't be altered.
> After a ' yum update', which got me a new nv-driver, it was resolved.
>
> Arnout Lok

Thanks Arnout :)
I tried to install the dirvers from nVidia
(http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-8762.html),
  but it needs the kernel sources :(
Where may i find those sources ? (2.6.16-1.2289_FC6), please ?

--
Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when