Social Engineering of Rawhide

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed Mar 1 11:40:08 UTC 2006

On 01.03.2006 10:44, Fred New wrote:

>On 28. veebruar 2006. a. 20:27, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>

>>Technically, it was renamed 2 years ago to "Fedora
>>Development", however since the developmental repository
>>for Red Hat Linux was named "rawhide" for 8-10 years or
>>so, the name rawhide has stuck in the minds of many
>>developers, and users.
>>
>>One observation I've made though that this is changing
>>slowly, is that I haven't seen anyone file a bug report
>>against rawhide in bugzilla for a long time.  People
>>are pretty much universally using "Fedora devel"
>>or one of the test versions when they file.

you can not choose "rawhide" as version but "devel"

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi
fedora core
Bugs related to the Core components of the Fedora Product distribution.
If reporting against a stable release then choose the release number you
are using as the version. The current release is 'fc4'. If reporting
against the rawhide (daily development tree) then choose 'devel' as the
version.

>Hmmm.  I'm wondering if the RAWHIDE resolution in
>Bugzilla should also be renamed.

good question :-)
indeed, you can not choose "devel" as resolution but "rawhide"

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/page.cgi?id=bug_status.html#resolution

rawhide
This resolution should not be used for RHEL bugs.. Otherwise, it means
that the problem described has been fixed in the latest development
release of our product obtainable from our ftp site.

--
shrek-m