Re: Cinema Display 30 and Radeon 9600

On 02.03.2006 17:53, Guy Fraser wrote:

I know we all love Linux here, but I have not been able to figure out why, people with Mac's don't just use the OS X that they came with.

1,5 years with osx 10.3, later osx 10.4 and  osx-server 10.4
osx has nice features and nice guis but ...

... i will fedora on my macs
if possible with wlan and X out of the box without propietary drivers

Has anyone seen the info on the new Intel based Mac Mini's?

An just to confuse things, does Anyone know if any of the Mac Intel hardware will run Linux?

probably not :-(

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-January/msg00563.html

Subject: intel-based macs

<snip>
No.  Off the top of my head:

- our x86 kernels don't have CONFIG_EFI
- installer doesn't do GPT partitioning on x86
- we don't have a bootloader for them
</snip>

--
shrek-m