FC4 possible kernel 2.6.15 issue

I use the GSOAP soap server toolkit for transferring data.

Prior to kernel 2.6.15 I could pull about 3000 data items a second using the various persistent http connection toolkit options over TCP/IP.

Under 2.6.15 I am lucky to get 100 items/sec using the same codebase.

Reverting only the kernel, back to the last 2.6.14 in yum updates, fixes it. Not sure where else to post this as I know Fedora tends to patch the kernel a bit.

--
SW