Re: FC4 possible kernel 2.6.15 issue - debugging parameters are enabled

Skunk Worx wrote:
I use the GSOAP soap server toolkit for transferring data.

Prior to kernel 2.6.15 I could pull about 3000 data items a second using the various persistent http connection toolkit options over TCP/IP.

Under 2.6.15 I am lucky to get 100 items/sec using the same codebase.

Reverting only the kernel, back to the last 2.6.14 in yum updates, fixes it.
Dave Jones mentioned that there is some serious debugging enabled in the kernel (for the last month ?), and this is causing some slowness (eg for 3D).