wpa_supplicant and NetworkManager coexistance?

Has anyone got these to work side by side as yet?

It seems that each one is always trying to grab control of the wifi adapter - I tell NetworkManager to connect to my local AP - which it does, then wpa disconnects it and scans itself. Same the other way around.

Is there any way to make these co-exist? I guess what would be really neat is to have WPA functionality in NetworkManger - then you get a nice little GUI to configure 802.1x.... Great for those EAP-TTLS access points out there!

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz crc id au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au