Re: Strange display bug in FC5 Test 3

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 11:37:49PM +0100, Stelian Iancu wrote:
> Hmm ... I don't know what to say. I don't have any problems with the
> progress bars. The only problem is with that red thing on the upper
> panel. And even that doesn't happen always. And it also happens with the
> current rawhide.

For what it's worth, I have seen for years something similar across the
whole top panel, when switching from a text console to X or when
resuming after a suspend. It lasts for a fraction of a second, though,
until the display gets refreshed.

That's on a R128 laptop, with a "vga" console. My guess would be that
some video memory gets shared/reused, but I am not sure by whom and how
exactly.

--
Rudi