Re: FC5T3 Suspend/Resume Fails

I don't believe the NVIDIA closed source driver is suspend compatible.  I too had the same trouble and I switched to the open source nv driver and on 2 out of 3 of my NVIDIA based systems it worked perfectly and suspend/resume now works, mostly.

Clayton Rogers wrote:
Hi,

I have a Toshiba Tecra A4 with an Nvidia video card and the nvidia driver installed.  I'm able to shut the lid and suspend the laptop which works great.  However, when I open the lid to resume everything it "seems" to startup ok except I don't get any video.
Is there any options I can configure with the new power management software to rmmod nvidia and modprobe nvidia?
(I believe this is what the problem is)

Cheers

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/