FC5T3 Suspend/Resume Fails

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Mar 5 08:23:45 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 09:56:36PM -0800, Miles Lane wrote:

> Well, resume fails for me on my laptop with an Intel 82852/855GM
> Integrated Graphics Device.  The screen remains black and the only
> button that gets a response is the power button.

Did you try to see if adding to your boot parameters
'acpi_sleep=s3_bios' helps here?  I have seen cases like that. That
may kick your BIOS into reinitializing that graphics card.  No
guarantees but worth to check.  No idea if there are situations
when this is actually harmful.

There are some explanations in docs from kernel-doc package.

   Michal