Re: ralinktech (rt2500) drivers in kernel?

Josh wrote:

Hello,

I was trying to configure one of Ralink's USB wireless dongles on FC5T3.  I downloaded the driver src from their site and tried compiling.  I get a bunch of missing asm include files.  There files are present (kernel asm headers) but at different locations. Has anyone tried compiling the src for such devices? Any hints would be appreceated.

Ralink has released source code for their chipset. Can they be included in fedora kernel?

http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm
Get it merged in the upstream kernel. Fedora kernel is unlikely to include such features as patches.

--
Rahul