ralinktech (rt2500) drivers in kernel?

Sander Hoentjen tjikkun at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 8 07:02:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 21:18 -0800, Josh wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I was trying to configure one of Ralink's USB wireless dongles on
> FC5T3.  I downloaded the driver src from their site and tried
> compiling.  I get a bunch of missing asm include files.  There files
> are present (kernel asm headers) but at different locations. Has
> anyone tried compiling the src for such devices? Any hints would be
> appreceated.
>
> Ralink has released source code for their chipset. Can they be
> included in fedora kernel?
>
> http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm
>
> Thanks,
> Josh.

You might want to check
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

As far as I understand the Ralink released drivers are just windows
drivers ported to linux. The rt2x00 project have working rt2400, rt2500
and rt2560 frivers (from the top of my head, the last one is 2500usb).
Anyway, they are working on a unified rt2x00 driver (from scratch,
almost usable atm) and that one will be eventually merged into the
kernel, or that is the plan at least.

HTH,

Sander