[Fwd: Help Needed: FC5 Blocker List and Rawhide Install Testing]

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Wed Mar 8 13:41:08 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> on 03/08/2006 03:51 AM wrote on
behalf of Warren:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=150222&hide_resolved=1

> We are now attempting to fix some last minute problems.  Your help would
> be greatly appreciated in finding solutions for the problems listed in
> the above FC5 Blocker list.
>
> Your testing of rawhide nightly tree installs (while not guaranteed to
> work) is very valuable at this point.  We need to know if there are any
> critical installation issues that would effect FC5 install, like the
> nasty Bug #159026.  Please also test upgrades of FC3 or FC4 systems to
> the nightly rawhide tree and report any problems that you see to
Bugzilla.

> Bugzilla is the official and best way to get reports to the developers.
> Complaints posted only to a mailing list are very likely to be lost in
> the bulk.  Bug reports have status, comments and resolution states so at
> least there is a chance of tracking your issue.

I (and others) would like to see the problem with 'no longer being able to
install'
resolved.  Apparently something between FC5 Test 1 and Test2 _changed_ the
way
the CD and DVDs are made, preventing some people from installing off of
the media, whereas older version of Core work fine.

This is reported in Bugzilla #s: 178143, 182147, 178632

This bug will prevent (some) people from being able to install Fedora
Core altogether.  And it will give any newcomer, a bad taste...
well actually _no_ taste, since they won't know how to get past
the boot prompt!