RE: Making swapfiles and SELinux

Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> > Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> > [snip]
>
> One thing to try, though it won't fix your application is in the session
> don't let beagle start. It consistently consumes huge amounts of memory
> when running. Many have experienced it, *eventually* I was able to kill
> the process and the machine became responsive again. Perhaps part of the
> problem you describe above?

beagle is installed on my system, but it is by default not setup
to run unless someone configures it to.  There is no initscript
for it (in /etc/initscript), and there are no services to it to
start the daemon.  Also, I checked processes and beagled is not
running.  So as far as I can tell, beagle has nothing to do with
it.  I looked into the logs and I see that user beagleindex was
mentioned for su: pam_unix sessions but that is all I can see, so
I really cannot say FOR SURE that beagle is running.  Perhaps you
can tell me how to check?

Dan