Network Manager with madwifi drivers

As documented in bug 180369, NetworkManager stopped connecting my madwifi wireless card after the change from NetworkManager-0.5.1-8 to NetworkManager-0.5.1-10. I use the CVS versions of the madwifi drivers. I use WEP for authorization.

Today I downloaded the SRPM for NetworkManager-0.6.0-2 and removed the special-case-madwifi.patch and built the binary. This version of NM can connect to my madwifi card. The patch is trying to work around a WPA problem in the madwifi drivers. My question is has the fix for WPA broken WEP?

--
.   __o    Brian "la lumaca"
 _`\<,_