One week delay

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Mar 10 18:38:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 10:33 -0800, Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> There are many rough edges to the Core5 release.
> I personally would want the extra week(s) spent on cleaning up.

Just to prevent any further misconceptions, we are NOT spending this
week churning existing packages.  We have VERY specific goals of this
extra time.  Get the kernel working TODAY, finish rebuilding a few
packages for a gcc bug found yesterday which tickled selinux, and
POSSIBLY get the gnome 2.14 final tarballs in.  Thats largely IT.  Any
further changes requires further testing beyond the scope we're
comfortable with in the extra 5~ days.

Some of these other things may be worked on for early stage FC5 updates,
but we don't want any further changes happening to the tree that we're
trying to get into a shippable state.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora