Re: PPC FC5 Test 3

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 14:24 -0500, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> Yes, I could.  But I did it the other way because people will do it like this:
>
> Download a CD Installer Set.
> Boot from CD 1.
> Atempt install process.

Sure, but then you're tied to the kernel and installer set from that
time.  During the development process, this changes rather frequently.

> A while back I tried the newer boot.iso CD but it complains that the
> other CDs do not match that CD -- something about it wanting/expecting
> a PPC64; I haven't tried that lately however.

Well, new boot.iso is tired to new anaconda and new installation tree.
They can't be used with the older tree.

> I'll try the boot CD and see if I can talk to the installer mirror
> next week -- best I can do at the moment.

Ok.  We really do appreciate testing that happens within the community.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora