System slowness with latest updates

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Mar 11 04:17:20 UTC 2006

Hi all,

This one has me kind of confused, as I can't find anything common to cause
a slowness in the system. The slowness I'm seeing is that processes
running on the system become really slow and take a long time to do what
the should do. It's not a system load issue, as I see:
# uptime
 15:15:51 up  7:46,  8 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.05, 0.00

Things like snmpd queries timing out, when restarting dhcpd the syslog
output to /var/log/messages takes around 2 seconds per line.

I've looked around and can't see anything out of place, or anything
obviously broken. Anyone have any ideas on this?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au
Phone: (03) 9017 0597 - 0412 935 897

Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.