Kernel BUG in xenguest-install.py

Dario Alcocer alcocer at helixdigital.com
Sat Mar 11 16:49:38 UTC 2006

Before Anaconda displays its opening screen, the following is printed on
the console:

     kernel BUG at include/asm/xor.h:633!
     invalid opcode: 0000 [#1]
     SMP

I can reproduce this every time I run this install script.  I'm running
on an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ with 768MB, with the following install options:

     What is the name of your virtual machine? junk
      How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
      What would you like to use as the disk (path)? /dev/stg/junk.xen
      What is the install location? nfs:coyote:/mnt

I'm installing to a LVM logical volume from a FC5t3 DVD image mounted
read-only via a loopback device.

If anyone has a clue as to what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

Dario Alcocer -- alcocer at helixdigital.com