kudzu locks up on boot

Until March 11am today, kudzu, during the boot process, was failing with a segmentation fault error.
After today's updates, kudzu locks up fully, with the boot message about performing hardware change checks. The message, naturally precedes kudzu execution.  I waited 15 minutes before pulling the plug.

I will update bugzilla, but this is a show stopper. Either it has to be fixed, or removed.  By the way, the initial Core5 test1 version, prior to patches did not lock up or indicate segmentation error.

Leslie