Su returned with an error???

Hello, I get this when I try to adjust the date/install fonts/configure accounts etc in KDE, or turn to administrator mode from Control Panel:

"Error - KDE Su", and the error: "Su returned with an error"

The only way I can access these is if I run kcontrol from console as root. What gives?
I tried running kcontrol as normal user from console and watching the output but nothing relevant comes out, just some gibberish from Qt and some debugging stuff, also irrelevant.
Some help would be appreciated (but better yet a bugfix in time for FC5 Final).

Gabriel

PS: It's been there since test3 (at least) and it hasn't been fixed in Rawhide yet...