no floppy dir in /media ?

Larry tb guess.who at freesurf.fr
Mon Mar 13 15:12:13 UTC 2006

David Timms wrote:
> Larry tb wrote:
>
>> I made a mistake :-/
>> I wrote that
>>  >>I often work at shell,
>>  >>and so... Here is my problem :
>>
>> I write "shell" for "text-mode" :-[
>>
>>  From text-mode, you are okay that user have to create a dir to mount
>> his /dev/fd0, 'cause there is no graphical way :
>> Have a look at this :
>> [ i am within TEST-MODE only ! ]
>>
>> [root at ws044 ~]# gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0
>> gnome-mount 0.4
>> X display not available - using text-based operation.
>> Mounted /dev/fd0 at "/media/floppy"
>> [root at ws044 ~]# gnome-umount -d /dev/fd0
>> gnome-mount 0.4
>> X display not available - using text-based operation.
>> Unmounted /dev/fd0.
>> [root at ws044 ~]#
>
> There is a:
> -n  --no-ui   no dialogs
> -t  --text    text mode
> hopefully one of them would do the trick ?

Well, as you can see above, the gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0 works even on
text-mode !
Returning the message : X display not available - using text-based
operation.
But mounting the volume : Mounted /dev/fd0 at "/media/floppy"

Unfortunatly, there is no man-page for the gnome-mount command.

I think the problem is that peolpe can try to mount floppy within
text-mode, with the old mount command, and seeing that there is no mount
point (/media/floppy), they might want to create this mount point.
And to make such a creation, you must be root, which is not the most
case....

I try a kind of #gnome-mount -t -d /dev/fd0
but it makes no changes with #gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0

Larry