Re: Rescue disk

On 3/13/06, Gordon Stewart <gorste tesco net> wrote:
> Dear List
>
> Can anyone tell me the commands to create a rescue boot floppy on Fedora Core 4.

Fedora hasn't supported being booted from a floppy since FC2, I
think... but the first install CD doubles as a rescue disk if you need
to re-install GRUB on your HD.

>     dd if=/media/cdrom/images/diskboot.img of=/dev/fd0
>
> it tells me
>
> dd: writing to `/dev/fd0': No space left on device

Quite right.  If you check the size of diskboot.img, I think you'll
find it's about 8MB... floppies are not that big.

--
 _  Ben Steeves                                    bcs metacon ca
( ) The ASCII ribbon campaign                  ben steeves unb ca